Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Too much tech

Guest written by our friend Katie Callahan

We got clear when I moved here and I couldn’t be happier. I love that it’s so mobile and flexible and I spend no time anymore looking for wireless networks or even looking for a Seat in Starbucks. I don’t remember when we went from not having the internet to that being ALL that there was but boy have we become a culture obsessed. You can’t go anywhere without people on their phones and women on their iPads and who knows what’s next – I read the other day about a tattoo that VIBRATES when you get a text! Can you believe some people would do that to themselves? I love being technologically savvy but at some point we’re going to have to stop or we’re all going to turn into robots. I wish we spent more time having face to face conversations and less time chatting with each other online – that’s the way it used to be and I think there’s something to be said for that way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Credits

Femikey